SELF BLOG

Hello friends! My name is Angela, I grew up in what most would call the sticks in little town called Toutle WA. I am currently a resident of Kalama WA, one small town to another is a very correct statement in my case. Growing up in a small town outside of city limtis I have learned to have a special connection to the woods and outdoors. From Hunting, Fishing, Snow wheeling and just plain getting muddy I have spent a fair amount of time outside. My father’s side of the family has always lived around the Kelso and Longview area but my mother’s side on the other hand is from the South specifically Florida. Now back south we do things a little different cooking, talking, and the way of life in my family is a little different from the typical Northwest style. But I must say if you have the chance to have some real southern cooking don’t turn it down. You haven’t lived until you have had some sweet tea, fried green tomatoes, and true home-made corn bread, no Jiffy corn bread doesn’t count!     (Old but man I love that bright red hair.)

    Being a small-town kid did affect the hobbies I found interesting such as Hiking, and Kayaking,
but I also have a love for reading and cross stitching.


 I played several sports growing up I loved Soccer, Basketball, and track and dipped my toes in others but only for a season or two. Being a runner, I of course had to have a favorite song track to listen to personality I don’t know how you can run in silence. A few must have singers or bands that would go on this playlist would defiantly be Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty, Red hot chilli peppers, and Mac miller just to name a few. Anything oldies really floats my boat. I mentioned earlier that I do love to read, a habit I picked up from my grandmother who loves to read a book and pass it my way, she has a great taste for murder mysteries.  A couple of my favorite authors would be Sharyn McCrumb, James Patterson, Stephan King, and Mary higgins clark. But aside from reading murder mysteries or those romance novels I have several topics that spark interest in me. Global warming and the destruction it has on our coral reefs and our oceans is something I am very passionate about. Along side GMO’s, chemicals we are using in our foods and the effects it has on not only our bodies with possibility of linking to cancer but the effect it has on our bee’s and their natural life. Nature truly inspires me to be more thoughtful of what I put into my body and my foot print I leave on the earth. My family also plays a big role in my inspiration I can’t say I would have come this far without them. The good bad and sometimes ugly has shaped me to be the best and kindest person I can be.

   A big topic I feel should be in everyone's lives is short term goals. I have been out of high school for roughly five years now and I can very honestly say things have changed a lot for not only my short term but my long-term goals. I went to school to be a Dental Assistant hoping to move towards being a Dentist something I have always wanted to be since I was child. After two years of being an RDA I see how there is no growth in dentistry not saying I don’t have a special love for mouths, kind of gross I know but I need a career where I can grow and change.
                                             


So I sat and I thought and thought about how being an RDA was a grand stepping stone in my life but what now... I love the health care field, helping others and working in the public. Now the public isn’t always the greatest but it’s the one person you make a difference for that make the hard days’ worth it. Now with that being said I thought about Nursing, that’s in the health care field and I could help people which is what I want. Oh, and I can grow and work in all kinds of different settings now that’s a big check off the list! After doing my research and talking to my boyfriend who is currently and RN and loving his job might I add, I have found my next calling. So as of right now my short-term goal is to finish LCC and obtain my RN with continuing education to get my bachelors.

     My long-term goal is to obtain a nursing degree with LCC then finish with my bachelors at WSU Vancouver. After having my RN with a bachelors I wish to start with ER care to further my career into Surgical nursing and to gain experience to be a ICU nurse. Having experiences with ICU and their care before with loved ones is where this journey was first implanted into my heart.  The special care they gave for the people in my family who were a patient and the love they gave us the family members is phenomenal and I wish to re pay that to everyone I possibly can in my nursing career.  
Follow you dreams. 


Comments